Jan 2024 – C9 Cycleway Gets Ready to RollPosted on: February 9, 2024 at 4:02 pm
Hounslow Highways is making good progress on the fourth section of Cycleway 9 in Brentford on behalf of the London Borough of Hounslow and Transport for London. This 12km route, connecting Kensington Olympia to Hounslow Town Centre, aims to enhance cycling facilities, improve pedestrian safety and access, and foster vibrant communities across West London.
The scheme builds on previous phases of Cycleway 9 construction along Chiswick High Street and ties in with Kew Bridge to the Waterman’s Park Section of the route, which was completed in October 2023.
Key improvements being delivered on this section in Brentford include:
- An additional 890m of one-way and two-way protected cycle lanes on both sides of the high street
- Two new pedestrian crossings on Alexandra Road
- High-quality pavement surfaces for pedestrians
- Upgrades to four existing crossings at Ferry Lane, Ealing Road, North Road, and Holland Gardens
- Redesign of side roads and junctions to make them safer for pedestrians and cyclists
Hounslow Highways teams started construction on October 23rd with work on target to be completed this summer.